Wednesday, September 18 isn't just National Cheeseburger Day, a holiday that all AHT'ers should rightly be celebrating, it also marks the 2nd annual Sacramento Burger Battle taking place at Raley Field from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. At this "one night charity burger cook-off and tasting event of epic proportions", attendees can taste burger samples from 15 Sacramento-area restaurants and vote for their favorite. There will also be a panel of judges, including AHT's San Diego correspondent, Erin Jackson. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Sacramento chapter of the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.
In addition to loads of burgers, the event will feature dessert samples, beer and wine tastings, live music, and prize giveaways. General admission ($55) and VIP tickets ($75) are on sale now.
Thanks to the Sacramento Burger Battle's organizer Rodney Blackwell (who runs burger blog Burger Junkies) we have a pair of VIP tickets to give away along with two "I Love Hamburgers" T-shirts in the size of your choice. To enter, just answer in the comments below, what's the most important factor to you when rating a good burger? (Event is 21+. Please only enter if you can get to the event yourself; transportation will not be provided.)
- The Chef's Table
- bacon & butter
- Krush Burger
- de Vere's Irish Pub
- Broderick Restaurant and Bar
- Ettore's European Bakery & Restaurant
- Relish Burger Bar
- Formoli's Bistro
- Papa Dale's Drivin' Diner
- Roxy Restaurant and Bar
- Capitol Garage
- The Eatery
- Willie's Burgers
- Hawk's Restaurant
What the VIP ticket gets you:
- VIP early admission at 6 p.m.
- Burger samples from all of the restaurants
- Dessert samples from local vendors
- Craft beer, cider and wine tastings (as well as water and soft drinks)
- Cocktail demonstration and samples by award-winning bartender Andrew Calisterio
- 1 free raffle ticket
- Free parking at Raley Field
- A chance to cast your vote for the People's Choice Best Burger award
- A meet and greet with the panel of judges
Contest will end and comments will close at 12 p.m. ET, Friday, August 16, 2013. One entry per community member. Winners are limited to those who are 21 years or older and can provide their own transportation to the event. Standard Serious Eats contest rules apply.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.