We may celebrate burgers year-round on AHT, but May is even more burger-crazed than the rest of the year because, for reasons we don't know, it's National Hamburger Month. Hooray for arbitrary food holidays! Use May as an excuse to eat great burgers, cook great burgers (and brush up your burger-cooking skills), buy burger gifts, read a burger book, and reacquaint yourself with America's burger styles.
Here are some burger events/deals going on this month
- May 1-7: New York Burger Week, various burger and beer/cocktail events going on throughout NYC
- May 5: Philly Burger Brawl, taste burgers from 24 chefs to raise money for Philadelphia-area public schools
- All through May: Burger Beast's various giveaways and events in the Miami metro area
- May 28: All Smashburger locations nationwide giving away one free Classic Smash to people whose name is a variation of Burger or Berger (Weinberger, Rosenberger, etc.) with proof of ID
- White Castle's Sliderbration, 25¢ sliders for two hours at select White Castle locations throughout May
- Shake Shack's Great American Shake Sale, a free shake coupon when you donate $2 to Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign
- Daily (weekday) $50 giveaways at Bill's Bar and Burger in NYC
- Bobby's Burger Palace's photo contest, daily $10 gift card giveaways to people who share photos of themselves at BBP
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.