During last Tuesday's National Cheeseburger Day, we called out 30 great cheeseburgers we ate this year, but the holiday also made us think about cheesy burgers that go beyond slapping a slice of American or cheddar on a patty (not that there's anything wrong with that). So as part of our everyday celebration of burgers, here's a list of 10 atypically cheesy burgers we recommend, mostly featuring cheese stuffed in patties or buns. Let us know what your favorites are!
- Jucy Lucy at Matt's Bar, Minneapolis »
- Juicy Lucy at Whitmans, NYC »
- Carpetbagger at Edgewood Corner Tavern, Atlanta »
- Lamburger at Balaboosta, NYC »
- Double Shack Stack at Shake Shack »
- The Priest at The Burger's Priest, Toronto »
- Double Bypass Burger at The Vortex Bar & Grill, Atlanta »
- Hamburger Fatty Melt »
- YouCanHasCheeseburger at Brunch Box, Portland, OR »
- Davanti Burger at Davanti Enoteca, San Diego »
- Staff Picks: Our Last Burgers on Earth
- What Are Your Favorite Road Trip-Worthy Burgers?
- 11 Burgers That Are Worth the Hype
- Ed Levine's 5 Favorite Patty Melts
- Our Favorite Burgers of 2011
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.