Boston native Kenny Bowers has been a fixture of the Dallas food scene for so long—going on 20 years—he's practically a true Texan. Since getting his start at Daddy Jack's and moving on to cook in and open restaurants, he's created his own empire. Kenny's Wood Fired Grill, Kenny's Italian Kitchen, and Kenny's Burger Joint all feel warm and familiar, and serve deliciously straightforward, comforting food designed to delight even the most discerning Cowboys fan. The chef's Frisco burger joint, opened to please fans of the handmade, wood-grilled burgers that appeared on his other menus, has received rave reviews, and shows no signs of slowing. Kenny is in Dallas to stay, and after taking his top five tour, you might be convinced to stick around, too.
1. They have Kobe Beef Sliders on the Bar Bites menu at Silver Fox Steakhouse. They are simple and to the point with just lettuce, tomato, pickle, cheddar, and spicy mustard, but these little babies are to die for.
1303 Legacy Drive, Frisco, TX 75034 (map); 214618-5220; silverfoxcafe.com
2. The Smoky Jack Burger at Square Burger will rock your world. I couldn't stop thinking about this beaut and its freshly-smoked jack cheese and applewood-smoked bacon. Of course, everything is better with bacon.
115 North Kentucky Street, McKinney, TX 75069 (map); 972-542-0185; yelp.com
3. In-N-Out's Double-Double Animal Style Burger is the go-to burger when you're wasted late-night. If you order two double-double's with fries, they will give you a free hat—what could be better!?
Various locations; 800-786-1000; in-n-out.com
4. I love Houston's Bacon Cheeseburger because they use fresh-ground chuck that they grind in-house daily. They also make their sesame seed buns in-house.
5318 Belt Line Road, Dallas, TX 75240 (map); 972-960-1752; hillstone.com
5. To my earlier point, everything is better with bacon, especially when that bacon is paired with Cajun spices, melted blue cheese, and crispy fried onion rings. Jasper's pairs their Black N Bleu burger with a side of bistro sauce, which is the perfect addition.
7161 Bishop Road, Plano, TX 75024 (map); 469-229-9111; kentrathbun.com/jaspers/plano
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.