Congratulations to our friend and hamburger documentarian George Motz on his upcoming hamburger-themed TV show, Burger Land, based on his book Hamburger America. The two-episode pilot will air on the Travel Channel on September 2 at 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., with each episode featuring four burger joints (three from Motz's book and one chosen by a local). Whether the Travel Channel decides to go with a full season depends on the viewership of the pilot, so don't miss it!
Episode 1: Wisconsin
- Wedl's Hamburger Stand in Jefferson, WI
- Village Bar in Madison, WI
- Pete's Hamburgers in Prairie du Chien, WI
- Solly's Grille in Milwaukee, WI [AHT review]
Episode 2: New Jersey
- Rossi's Bar & Grill in Trenton, NJ [AHT review]
- Hamburgao in Newark, NJ
- White Manna in Hackensack, NJ [AHT review]
- White Rose System in Linden, NJ [AHT review]
- Chicagoland Burger Triptych with George Motz and Nick Kindelsperger
- Odd Griddles and Techniques from George's Motz's 'Burger Bites'
- George Motz Makes a Smashed Burger
- Grilled: George Motz Redux
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.