It's May, which means it's time to celebrate National Burger Month! (And, according to this website, National Salad/Salsa/Asparagus/Barbecue Month.)
Every month feels like National Burger Month at A Hamburger Today, but you can use this month as an excuse to incorporate more burger-ness into your life. Get inspired to make burgers by reading The Burger Lab (better Big Macs, the ultimate slider mashup, vegan burgers that don't suck, and more), brush up on your hamburger history, get yourself a burger gift, or check out our recommended burger joints.
Here are some events going on in the burger world this month (feel free to tell us more):
- May 6: Philadelphia Burger Brawl, taste 23 burgers from around the city to raise money for Meredith Elementary School
- May 11: Riverwalk Burger Battle III, 24 burgers compete in Fort Lauderdale
- May 13-19: NY Burger Week, a week of special burger-related events brought to you by Burger Conquest and Thrillist
- Daily (weekday) $50 giveaways at Bill's Bar and Burger in NYC
- Month-long shakes at Shake Shack for $2 donation to Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign
- Month-long daily burger specials at Iron Hill Brewery in PA, NJ, and DE
- Month-long daily burger specials at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT
- Weekly burger specials at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville; $1 of each specialty burger sold will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team
- New loyalty program from White Castle, Craver Nation
How are you celebrating National Burger Month?
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.