The winner of the 2006 White Castle Crave Time Cook Off has been crowned. Missy O'Malia of Columbus, Ohio, won the 15th annual White Castle recipe contest with her creative concoction, Enchiladas de White Castle Burgers y Queso.
Enchiladas de White Castle Burgers y Queso beat out nearly 350 entries received from across the country for this year's competition. The recipes were judged on the best use of ten White Castle hamburgers, originality, and taste. Missy will receive a Crave Case of 30 hamburgers every week for the next year for her creative use of the product.
After the jump, Ms. O'Malia's recipe...
Enchiladas de White Castle Burgers y Queso Submitted by: Missy O'Malia
10 White Castle hamburgers 2 cups chopped onions 2 cups chopped green bell pepper 5 tablespoons butter or margarine 2 four-ounce cans chopped green chile peppers 1/4 cup all purpose flour 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed 3/4 teaspoon salt 3 cups chicken broth 2 cups sour cream 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese 12 6-inch tortilla shells
1. Coarsely chop the White Castle burgers in a food processor.
2. In a large saucepan, cook onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Combine in a bowl with chopped burgers and green chiles. Set aside.
3. In the same saucepan, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Blend in coriander, flour, and salt; stir in chicken broth all at once. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and 1 cup cheese.
4. Stir 1 cup of this mixture into the burger mixture. Dip each tortilla into the hot sauce to soften, and fill with 1/4 cup of the burger mixture. Roll up and arrange rolls in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
5. Pour remainder of sauce over rolls, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.