Here's a killer list we've mentioned on AHT but have never elaborated on. It's Alan Richman's top 20 from his July 2005 story "The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die" in GQ. Do click through to read the entire piece; it quickly made its way onto the Required Reading list at AHT HQ. Bon appétit! ...
1. Sirloin Burger, Le Tub 1100 N Ocean Dr., Hollywood FL 33019 [map]
3. Not Just a Burger, Spiced Pear Restaurant at the Chanler Hotel 117 Memorial Blvd., Newport RI 02840 [map]
4. Rouge Burger, Rouge 205 S 18th St., Philadelphia PA 19103 [map]
5. Kobe Sliders, Barclay Prime 237 S. 18th St., Philadelphia PA 19103 [map]
7. Buckhorn Burger, Buckhorn Tavern San Antonio NM 87832; call for directions: 505-835-4423 [map]
8. Hamburger, Miller's Bar 23700 Michigan Ave., Dearborn MI 48124 [map]
11. Grilled Bistro Burger, Bistro Don Giovanni 4110 Howard Lane, Napa CA 94558 [map]
12. Hamburger, Bobcat Bite 420 Old Las Vegas Hwy., Santa Fe NM 87505 [map]
14. Hamburger, J. G. Melon 1291 Third Ave., New York NY 10021 (at 74th St.) [map]
16. Hamburger & Fries, Burger Joint 700 Haight St., San Francisco CA 94117 [map]
18. Hamburger, Poag Mahone's Carvery and Ale House 333 S Wells St., Chicago IL 60604 (in the 175 West Jackson Building) [map]
19. Our Famous Burger, Sidetrack Bar and Grill 56 E Cross St., Ypsilanti MI 48198 [map]
20. Hamburger Sandwich, Louis' Lunch 261-263 Crown St., New Haven CT 06510 map]
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.