A Hamburger Today
Poll: Do You Take Photos of Burgers?
If you look through my photo library, it is immediately obvious what I do for a living. Over 80 percent of my photos are of food (mostly burgers). The remaining 20 percent are mainly cat photos, with a few vacation pics peppered in here and there. What about you? Are you an accomplished burger paparazzi, or do you eat your meal without documenting it? Have your say in this week's poll.
Results of Last Week's Poll
According to last week's poll , the majority of AHT'ers (56 percent) are pro stuffed burgers, while 44 percent aren't fans. Here's what a few of you had to say, including a description the best method to eat a Jucy Lucy from a Minnesotan.
Way. With bleu cheese, please. The bleu melts nicely into the beef. No scalding. At least when I've made them myself.
Chico say way man! You gotta appreciate all the flavor and texture sometime mans. Chico like a burger stuff and a burger no stuff no problems mans.
No. They're almost never cooked properly and everything explodes all over when you try to eat them. I'm all for a 4 napkin burger, but I'd rather it be from drippage than explodage.
As a Minnesotan (home of the original Jucy Lucy), I think the state constitution requires that I enjoy these. The key to enjoying a stuffed burger is all in the eating technique: let it set up for a few minutes before you bite into it, and when you do, flip the burger up on its edge so it forms a 90 degree angle with the plate. You will have to kind of hunch over to eat it, especially the first few bites, but it prevents the molten cheese from scalding the inside of your mouth or dripping all over the place. Also, try to take small bites, huge bites tend to weaken the structure of the burger and cause cheese blowouts.
Note: the poll remains open, so these numbers may shift slightly in the future.
About the author: Erin Jackson is a food writer and photographer who is obsessed with discovering the best eats in San Diego. You can find all of her discoveries on her San Diego food blog EJeats.com. On Twitter, she's @ErinJax