On a recent episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, viewer picks for the "Top 10 Burgers of All Time" were revealed. Several Asian fusion burgers made the list, along with burgers decked out with everything from to truffled mushroom duxelle (a mixture of sautéed mushrooms, shallots, and truffle oil) to thin slices of pastrami. Check out the full list below.
Top 10 Burgers of all Time, as voted by Diners, Drive-ins and Dives Viewers
- 10: Italian Stallion Burger from Burger Me! in Truckee, CA: a bison patty topped with provolone cheese, salami, mortadella, lettuce, tomato, pickles, hot peppers and cabernet vinaigrette
- 9: Christmas Burger from The Ace in Toronto, Ontario: an oven-roasted turkey burger stuffed with sage-scented stuffing and topped with cranberry compote
- 8: Harvard Double Burger from Mr. Bartley's Burger in Cambridge, MA: two seven ounce patties stacked with American cheese, bacon, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and a liberal glob of barbeque sauce
- 7: Banh Mi Burger from Bachi Burger in Las Vegas: a marinated pork, shrimp, and beef patty topped with pork loaf, curry aioli, carrots, and daikon (recipe here)
- 6: Umami Burger from bopNgrill in Chicago: topped with truffled mushroom duxelle, sun-dried tomato confit, togarashi mayo, bacon, and smoked gouda
- 5: Poor Boy Burger from Parkette Drive In in Lexington, KY: two 1/4 pound beef patties with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mustard, and Parkette sauce on a toasted double-decker bun
- 4: Suribachi Burger from Swagger in Kansas City, MO: a tempura-battered, deep-fried patty topped with pepper jack cheese and spicy house made coleslaw with a garlic-wasabi dressing
- 3: Stuffed Burgers from Casper & Runyon's Nook in St. Paul MN: Guy returned to this "small place with big burgers" (and a bowling alley in the basement) to sample their house specialty: stuffed burgers
- 2: Mac Attack from Boston Burger Company in Boston: a 100% Certified Black Angus patty covered in four-cheese mac and cheese
- 1: Guido Burger from Hodad's in San Diego: a pastrami burger with ketchup, pickles, swiss cheese, grilled onions and spicy brown mustard
Have you tried any of these burgers? Let us know in the comments.
About the author: Erin Jackson is a food writer and photographer who is obsessed with discovering the best eats in San Diego. You can find all of her discoveries on her San Diego food blog EJeats.com. On Twitter, she's @ErinJax