Double cheeseburger from Hamborgarabúllan. [Photograph: Robyn Lee]
- London: Tommi's Burger Joint Review: Tommi's Burger Joint, from the man behind Iceland-based Hamborgarabúllan, just opened its newest location in London, and it sounds good.
- Amtrak Managed to Lose $833 Million Selling $9.50 Hamburgers: Amtrak operates at a loss, and in the case of burgers that means losing $833 million over the last ten years due to selling burgers for $9.50 that cost taxpayers more than $16.
- McDonald's, Burger King, KFC accused of violating Chilean law banning toys in fast-food meals: "These and other companies are knowingly endangering the health of children by marketing kids' meals with toys more than a month after the law took effect on June 7, Sen. Giudo Gerardi said as he filed a formal complaint Wednesday seeking a health ministry investigation."
- The Frito Pie Burger: A recipe for burgers topped with chili, cheddar, and Fritos.
- Gourmet's Burger Feature: Gourmet focuses on burgers with recipes and recommendations.
- Luxe Burger Bar's 2nd Annual Build Your Own Burger contest: Providence-based Luxe Burger Bar is offering a $500 gift card to the best customer-submitted burger creation.
- Trompi-burger: Mexico's Answer to the Bacon Cheeseburger: Trompo is "pork cooked al pastor-style on a vertical pit with a whole pineapple dripping down onto it as it rotates." And it tastes great on burger.
- San Francisco: Bourbon Steak: What makes this $22 burger worth the price? "The taste. The patty is among the beefiest I've tasted, with a rich, musty flavor made from aged prime beef."
- Suggest a Burger for Wahlburgers: Wahlburgers in Hingham, MA, is giving fans the chance to have their burger on Wahlburgers' menu.