Video: David Letterman's Top 10 Excuses of the Burger King Employee Who Stood in the Lettuce
On last Wednesday's episode of the Late Show with David Letterman, David Letterman's top ten list featured the Internet's favorite Burger-King-employee-to-hate: the guy who stood in tubs of lettuce. (Letterman's reaction: "Isn't this kind of what you expect going into Burger King?")
If you've got any good excuses, add 'em in the comments.
Top Ten Excuses Of The Burger King Employee Who Stood In The Lettuce
10. "Someone was already standing in the pickles"
9. "Seemed inappropriate to squat in the lettuce"
8. "Was attempting to make four Whoppers at once"
7. "Couldn't find a stepladder"
6. "I'm trying to cut back on standing in carbs"
5. "Sometimes to relax I pretend I'm a crouton"
4. "It's the best way to get salad dressing off your shoes"
3. "Had to cool my feet after standing in the deep fryer"
2. "Someone needed to show the lettuce who's boss"
1. "Hey, don't judge me till you've walked a mile in my lettuce"
About the author: Robyn Lee is the editor of A Hamburger Today and takes many of the photos for Serious Eats. She'll also doodle cute stuff when necessary. Read more from Robyn at her personal food blog, The Girl Who Ate Everything.