Tuesday, September 18 marks not just National Cheeseburger Day, but also the first ever Sacramento Burger Battle taking place at Raley Field from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Up to 15 Sacramento-area restaurants and their burgers will compete in this charity event to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. Aside from loads of burgers, the event will also feature dessert samples, beer and wine tastings, and prize giveaways. Attendees will vote for their favorite burger along with a panel of judges, including AHT's San Diego correspondent, Erin Jackson.
General admission tickets are $55 and VIP tickets are $75, but if you buy tickets by July 31, tickets are $10 off.
Thanks to the Sacramento Burger Battle's organizer Rodney Blackwell (who runs fellow burger blog Burger Junkies) we have a pair of VIP tickets to give away along with two "I Love Hamburgers" T-shirts in the size of your choice. To enter, just answer in the comments below, what's the most important factor to you when rating a good burger? (Event is 21+. Please only enter if you can get to the event yourself; transportation will not be provided.)
Participating restaurants (more TBA):
- The Eatery
- Restaurant Thir13en
- de Vere's Irish Pub
- The Chef's Table
- The Delta King
- Kupros Bistro
- The Porch
- Scott's Seafood Grill and Bar
- The Golden Bear
- The Squeeze Inn
What the ticket gets you:
- All the burger samples you can eat
- Dessert samples from local vendors
- Craft beer, cider and wine tastings (as well as water and other soft drinks)
- Prize giveaway tickets: 1 ticket for GA, 5 tickets for VIP
- Free parking
- A chance to cast your vote for the People's Choice Best Burger award
- Ticket sales benefit the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America charity
- VIP early admission at 6 p.m.
Contest will end and comments will close at 12 p.m. ET, Friday, July 27, 2012. One entry per community member. Winners are limited to those who are 21 years or older and can provide their own transportation to the event. Standard Serious Eats contest rules apply.