Some burger-related news and posts from around the web...
- The Oinkster's 2x4 vs. In-N-Out's Double-Double: The Nosh is covering all the burgers during The Oinkster's Burger Week and comparing The Oinkster's versions to the burgers that inspired them.
- The Book of Burger by Rachael Ray: This week Rachael Ray released her first burger-centric recipe book.
- Cal Ripken Burgers: All We Can Eat reviews the frozen patties branded by the Major League Baseball Hall of Famer.
- New requirements for E. coli testing in raw beef: The USDA used to only test for one strain of E. coli; now they're testing for six other strains.
- Burger King boom coming to Russia: Having struck a deal with a franchise operator in Russia, Burger King is planning on opening several hundred new locations over the next few years.
- Sutter Home's Build a Better Burger Contest: The contest is in its 22nd year. Submit your burger recipe(s) for the chance to win up to $100,000.
- Driving through White Castle in a tank: We're assuming YouTuber FPSRussia is the only person to have picked up an order at White Castle while driving a tank.
- Harold Dieterle's fave burger in the West Village: In Serious Eats' neighborhood guide, chef Harold Dieterle recommends Burger and Barrel.