290-pound White Castle fan Martin Kessman filed a lawsuit against White Castle after they "repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger," reports New York Post. He made his first complaint to White Castle about the uncomfortable booths at the location in Nanuet, New York, over two and a half years ago—booths that he says violates the civil rights of people who are fat, pregnant, or handicapped—but nothing has changed since then. White Castle spokeswoman Jamie Richardson told the Post, "Kessman could have approached a store manager and asked for a regular chair."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- Special Sauce: How Roy Choi Plans to Change the World
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Mortar and Pestle + Food Processor = Great Curry Paste, Fast
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin