290-pound White Castle fan Martin Kessman filed a lawsuit against White Castle after they "repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger," reports New York Post. He made his first complaint to White Castle about the uncomfortable booths at the location in Nanuet, New York, over two and a half years ago—booths that he says violates the civil rights of people who are fat, pregnant, or handicapped—but nothing has changed since then. White Castle spokeswoman Jamie Richardson told the Post, "Kessman could have approached a store manager and asked for a regular chair."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast