290-pound White Castle fan Martin Kessman filed a lawsuit against White Castle after they "repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger," reports New York Post. He made his first complaint to White Castle about the uncomfortable booths at the location in Nanuet, New York, over two and a half years ago—booths that he says violates the civil rights of people who are fat, pregnant, or handicapped—but nothing has changed since then. White Castle spokeswoman Jamie Richardson told the Post, "Kessman could have approached a store manager and asked for a regular chair."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 35 Great Grilled Main Dishes for a Killer Labor Day Cookout
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Dinner in 20: Herb-Packed Lemon-Garlic Grilled Chicken Skewers