290-pound White Castle fan Martin Kessman filed a lawsuit against White Castle after they "repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger," reports New York Post. He made his first complaint to White Castle about the uncomfortable booths at the location in Nanuet, New York, over two and a half years ago—booths that he says violates the civil rights of people who are fat, pregnant, or handicapped—but nothing has changed since then. White Castle spokeswoman Jamie Richardson told the Post, "Kessman could have approached a store manager and asked for a regular chair."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- How to Make the Most of Late-Summer Fruit With Pie
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Not Your Average Frozen Cocktail: 11 Recipes to Try This Summer