290-pound White Castle fan Martin Kessman filed a lawsuit against White Castle after they "repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger," reports New York Post. He made his first complaint to White Castle about the uncomfortable booths at the location in Nanuet, New York, over two and a half years ago—booths that he says violates the civil rights of people who are fat, pregnant, or handicapped—but nothing has changed since then. White Castle spokeswoman Jamie Richardson told the Post, "Kessman could have approached a store manager and asked for a regular chair."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- The Best Sautéed Broccoli Rabe Is Overcooked Broccoli Rabe
- The Yucatecan Secret for Adding Crispy, Cheesy Flavor to Any Taco
- 30-Minute Meal Plan: Quick and Simple Recipes to Free Up a Busy Week
- The Food Lab: How to Make New York's Finest Sicilian Pizza at Home