DNAinfo.com talked to Milk Burger owner Erik Mayor about his website ripping off Shake Shack. What they found out: "Milk Burger owner Erik Mayor, 36, told DNAinfo he was 'shocked' when he learned of the accusation, and attributed the the errors to an intern who had created Milk Burger's website." (Milk Burger's website is currently down, but you can see screenshots on DNAinfo and our review.) Furthermore, Mayor says about his burger versus Shake Shack's, "The biggest difference is that it doesn't cause the bloating that the Shack Burger has."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- The Food Lab: Building a Better Egg McMuffin
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling