DNAinfo.com talked to Milk Burger owner Erik Mayor about his website ripping off Shake Shack. What they found out: "Milk Burger owner Erik Mayor, 36, told DNAinfo he was 'shocked' when he learned of the accusation, and attributed the the errors to an intern who had created Milk Burger's website." (Milk Burger's website is currently down, but you can see screenshots on DNAinfo and our review.) Furthermore, Mayor says about his burger versus Shake Shack's, "The biggest difference is that it doesn't cause the bloating that the Shack Burger has."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- The Food Lab: How to Make New York's Finest Sicilian Pizza at Home
- How to Make the Most Flavorful Limeade, Summer's Best Drink
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now