DNAinfo.com talked to Milk Burger owner Erik Mayor about his website ripping off Shake Shack. What they found out: "Milk Burger owner Erik Mayor, 36, told DNAinfo he was 'shocked' when he learned of the accusation, and attributed the the errors to an intern who had created Milk Burger's website." (Milk Burger's website is currently down, but you can see screenshots on DNAinfo and our review.) Furthermore, Mayor says about his burger versus Shake Shack's, "The biggest difference is that it doesn't cause the bloating that the Shack Burger has."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler