On Saturday, organic burger chain Elevation Burger debuted a new prototype griddle (currently being patented) at their latest opening in Germantown, Maryland: a 20-foot-long conveyor-belt cast iron griddle, reports Nation's Restaurant News. The new griddle can cook three times as much food in an hour as a regular griddle, simplifies training new staffers, allows burgers to be cooked to different doneness levels, and allows for more more topping options, like cooked-to-order bacon.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later