On Saturday, organic burger chain Elevation Burger debuted a new prototype griddle (currently being patented) at their latest opening in Germantown, Maryland: a 20-foot-long conveyor-belt cast iron griddle, reports Nation's Restaurant News. The new griddle can cook three times as much food in an hour as a regular griddle, simplifies training new staffers, allows burgers to be cooked to different doneness levels, and allows for more more topping options, like cooked-to-order bacon.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum