New Yorkers, if you want an excuse to stuff your face with as many sliders as you can in five minutes for potential bragging rights sign up for the First Annual Burger Bowl taking place at The Burger Bistro in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, on Saturday, February 5 at 4 p.m. (You can also go to just watch people stuff their faces with sliders.) Check out the Facebook page for more info on how to become a competitor. There are two competitors so far: Rob Blatt, head of the League of Amateur Competitive Eaters, and Matthew Robicelli, one half of the husband-and-wife team behind (Serious Eats-approved) Robicelli's Cupcakes. The event will be covered by The Universal Record Database.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- How to Make the Most Flavorful Limeade, Summer's Best Drink
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- 3 Simple Yucatán-Style Condiments to Spice Up Taco Night
- How to Make Rich, Flavorful Caramel Without Melting Sugar