New Yorkers, if you want an excuse to stuff your face with as many sliders as you can in five minutes for potential bragging rights sign up for the First Annual Burger Bowl taking place at The Burger Bistro in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, on Saturday, February 5 at 4 p.m. (You can also go to just watch people stuff their faces with sliders.) Check out the Facebook page for more info on how to become a competitor. There are two competitors so far: Rob Blatt, head of the League of Amateur Competitive Eaters, and Matthew Robicelli, one half of the husband-and-wife team behind (Serious Eats-approved) Robicelli's Cupcakes. The event will be covered by The Universal Record Database.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie