Hamburger expert George Motz appears in this short film about burgers by director Mac Premo for Made Possible. "The most difficult way to make a hamburger is the way that everyone thinks is the easiest way to make a hamburger, which is to put it on a flame grill," Motz says. "I prefer to cook mine on a flat top or in a skillet." Them he proceeds to make a smashed burger topped with super thin slices of onions. Cue drooling. Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques