Burger and Fries Worsen Asthma, Study Suggests, and Burger May Be Better For You Than Bacon. The asthma-related study found that a high fat diet may exacerbate asthma and lower the effectiveness of asthma medication. The bacon news from a study done by the Harvard School of Public Health comparing processed meat to unprocessed red meat found that salt and preservatives rather than fat may have more to do with the higher risk of heart disease and diabetes seen with processed meats.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast