I like that I came across these two burger-related news headlines today: Burger and Fries Worsen Asthma, Study Suggests, and Burger May Be Better For You Than Bacon. The asthma-related study found that a high fat diet may exacerbate asthma and lower the effectiveness of asthma medication. The bacon news from a study done by the Harvard School of Public Health comparing processed meat to unprocessed red meat found that salt and preservatives rather than fat may have more to do with the higher risk of heart disease and diabetes seen with processed meats.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- How to Make the Most of Late-Summer Fruit With Pie