For a slight twist on the regular doughnut burger, Nicholas Chen of My Inner Fatty made a batch with two kinds of doughnuts: double chocolate and honey glazed (bought from Tim Horton's). The double chocolate doughnut bun won points for being less sweet than the other doughnuts he tried: "Since the double chocolate donut uses a non-glazed cake base, it was just slightly bitter, and managed to hit the perfect spot in terms of sugar."
If anyone wants to try this out at home, please send me an invite.
More Doughnut Burger Madness
- How to Make Doughnut Bacon Egg Cheeseburgers »
- Look! Googleburgers »
- Paula Deen's Bacon, Doughnut, and Egg Burger »
- Fake-Bacon Veggie Cheeseburger on a Whole-Wheat Krispy Kreme Bun »
- The FatKreme: Does It Predate the Luther Burger? »
- Real 'Cheeseburger' Doughnut from Donna's Donuts »