BusinessWeek gives us a look into the McDonald's kitchen with their feature on Dan Coudreaut, McDonald's head culinary innovator, aka the man in charge of making food that "has to appeal every day to millions of customers who don't have a lot of money or time or the stomach for anything too unusual." Coudreaut has led the creation of the Snack Wrap, McCafé espresso-based coffees, and the Angus Burger.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- Fall for Fall's Other Fruit With These 17 Pear Recipes
- How to Make Boston Baked Beans, the Low, Slow, Old-Fashioned Way
- White Sauce Can't Clump: How to Make Smooth, Silky Béchamel
- Forget Store-Bought: This Easy Barbecue Sauce and Rub Combo Has You (and Your Ribs) Covered