Westport Flea Market in Kansas City, Missouri, is celebrating its 28th birthday today and tomorrow, June 15 to 16, by selling burgers and beer at 1981 prices—$2.99 for burgers and fries, and starting at 99 cents for beers. Profits will be donated to The Dream Factory, an organization that fulfills the wishes of chronically or critically ill children. Also watch out for Westport Flea Market's new Burger Mobile!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes