"When thinking about burgers, I would say it's more important to have tried New York's iconic burgers like Shake Shack's or Bar Six's (and, ideally, the iconic burgers of L.A., too) than to have tasted a White Castle slider." —Sarah DiGregorio, Village Voice food writer
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk