hamburger flim-flam artist is terrorizing Greenville, South Carolina, by complaining to cafeteria and restaurant workers that they put onions on his burger despite his request for them not to because his son is allergic to onions, and asking to be reimbursed for the costs of food and the allergy shot for his son. His latest heist? $22 from McDonald's. Update (2/19/08): Looks like the burger scammer has been caught.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling