hamburger flim-flam artist is terrorizing Greenville, South Carolina, by complaining to cafeteria and restaurant workers that they put onions on his burger despite his request for them not to because his son is allergic to onions, and asking to be reimbursed for the costs of food and the allergy shot for his son. His latest heist? $22 from McDonald's. Update (2/19/08): Looks like the burger scammer has been caught.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie