A hamburger flim-flam artist is terrorizing Greenville, South Carolina, by complaining to cafeteria and restaurant workers that they put onions on his burger despite his request for them not to because his son is allergic to onions, and asking to be reimbursed for the costs of food and the allergy shot for his son. His latest heist? $22 from McDonald's. Update (2/19/08): Looks like the burger scammer has been caught.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter