The Year That Was: The Top 10 Posts on A Hamburger Today
1. 12-Year Old McDonald's Hamburger, Still Looking Good: I'm sorta disappointed that a goofy ol' reblogged item is No. 1 on AHT for the year instead of an awesome AHT original post. Oh well, you never can tell what's going to be a hit with you burgermeisters out there.
2. The Bacon Hamburger Fatty Melt, a Bacon Burger with Two Bacon-Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches as Bun: This is the AHT blog post I figured would be No. 1. With a bacon bullet.
3.The Hamburger Fatty Melt, a Burger with Two Grilled Cheese Sandwiches as Its Bun: Not surprised that this one clocks in right behind the Bacon Hamburger Fatty Melt.
4. Paula Deen Is Trying to Kill Us, Part 4: Bacon, Doughnut, Egg Burger: Y'all love these extreme burgers, don't you? Paula Deen may be trying to kill us with this thing, but I think Nos. 2 and 3 are much more effective killing machines, thankyouverymuch.
5. In Videos: The Making of a Venezuelan Street Vendor Burger: Another extreme burger, this one from Venezuela. Here's what's layered on this sucker: ketchup, mayo, mustard, onions, cabbage, shoestring potatoes, more ketchup, mayo and mustard, avocado, tomato, burger patty, chorizo, chicken, eggs and bacon, and a mountain of shredded Roquefort cheese. Yowza!
6. In Videos: 12-Mile Walk for Free Cheeseburger: Given this economy, we'll all be walking 12 miles for free cheeseburgers. This guy was just ahead of the curve.
7. The Blumenburger—The Most Labor-Intensive Hamburger Ever: Kenji Alt takes on Heston Blumenthal's insane 30-plus-hour burger recipe. And lives to blog about it.
8. Wendy's Onion Failburger: The "fail" meme never ceases to amuse people, I suppose.
9.We Talk to Bobby Flay About Bobby's Burger Palace: And AHT readers talk shit on Bobby.
10. Burger King Burger Shots: A surprise title in the top 10. This one shot up the charts even while it was at a competitive disadvantage, coming at the end of the year. I guess you all just love the BK tiny hamburgers.