In this week's Washington City Paper, Tim Carman profiles former Top Chef contestant Spike Mendelsohn, and reviews his DC burger joint, Good Stuff Eatery. While Carman's first impression fell flat—the patty was dry and had no flavor—subsequent visits were rewarding and he concludes that Mendelsohn is "a serious burger man." For the best burger experience, Carman recommends getting the no-frills farmhouse burger.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)