In this week's Washington City Paper, Tim Carman profiles former Top Chef contestant Spike Mendelsohn, and reviews his DC burger joint, Good Stuff Eatery. While Carman's first impression fell flat—the patty was dry and had no flavor—subsequent visits were rewarding and he concludes that Mendelsohn is "a serious burger man." For the best burger experience, Carman recommends getting the no-frills farmhouse burger.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes