This question came up in a comment recently, but it's worth breaking out into a separate post. I have it on good authority that the essential mixture of the Shake Shack's burger meat is a 50:25:25 ratio of sirloin:chuck:brisket. All 80:20 meat-to-fat.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Not Your Average Frozen Cocktail: 11 Recipes to Try This Summer