This question came up in a comment recently, but it's worth breaking out into a separate post. I have it on good authority that the essential mixture of the Shake Shack's burger meat is a 50:25:25 ratio of sirloin:chuck:brisket. All 80:20 meat-to-fat.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- No Brine, No Heat: Easy Pickled Onions in Just 15 Minutes
- The Perfect Blueberry Pie: Fast, Easy, and Totally Reliable
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits