This Sunday the 28th in Chattanooga, Tennessee, record-breaking competitive eaters Joey Chestnut and Takeru Kobayashi will compete in the annual Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship, along with 9 other finalists. Chestnut won last year's contest by eating 103 Krystals in eight minutes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Here's Why McDonald's Burgers Don't Rot
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake