This Sunday the 28th in Chattanooga, Tennessee, record-breaking competitive eaters Joey Chestnut and Takeru Kobayashi will compete in the annual Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship, along with 9 other finalists. Chestnut won last year's contest by eating 103 Krystals in eight minutes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?