This Sunday the 28th in Chattanooga, Tennessee, record-breaking competitive eaters Joey Chestnut and Takeru Kobayashi will compete in the annual Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship, along with 9 other finalists. Chestnut won last year's contest by eating 103 Krystals in eight minutes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free