This Sunday the 28th in Chattanooga, Tennessee, record-breaking competitive eaters Joey Chestnut and Takeru Kobayashi will compete in the annual Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship, along with 9 other finalists. Chestnut won last year's contest by eating 103 Krystals in eight minutes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes