In 1980s video game BurgerTime, you're chef who must make hamburgers before anthropomorphic, man-eating foodstuffs make a hamburger out of you. It's every hamburger-lover's nightmare. As for why hot dogs, fried eggs, and pickles were chosen as the enemies, I have no idea—maybe they were the foods that could be best recognized in boxy, pixelated video game-form. Watch some old Burger Time commercials after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide