In 1980s video game BurgerTime, you're chef who must make hamburgers before anthropomorphic, man-eating foodstuffs make a hamburger out of you. It's every hamburger-lover's nightmare. As for why hot dogs, fried eggs, and pickles were chosen as the enemies, I have no idea—maybe they were the foods that could be best recognized in boxy, pixelated video game-form. Watch some old Burger Time commercials after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home