I don't know who it is that designated May as National Burger month, but I'd like to give them a big, sloppy, greasy, onion-scented, cheese-covered kiss on the mouth. Or perhaps just a hug is fine. What better excuse to celebrate our national sandwich (national food?) and look back at the dozens of well-tested burger recipes we have in our archives?
Here are 22 burger recipes that run the gamut form simple to complex, with representation from around the country, breaking regional borders, and indeed inter-species relations. Perhaps burgers are the key to world peace. Check out the individual recipes below, or click through the slideshow above for a bigger look at the goods.
Classic Burger Recipes
These burgers are all inspired by classic American or regional American burger styles.
- Juicy Broiled Burgers
- Real-Deal Steamed Sliders
- The Ultimate Patty Melt
- Ultra-Crispy Burgers (A.K.A. The Best Burger For A Single Man Or Woman)
- Foolproof Jucy Lucys
Restaurant and Fast Food Burgers At Home
Fake Shacks, In-N-Out Double Doubles, Big Macs, and the like.
- The Fake Shack
- The Double Shack Stack
- In-N-Out's Double-Double, Animal Style
- The Spotted Pig's Chargrilled Burger At Home
- A Better Big Mac
Burgers that cross that species barrier, yet still retain all the juice and flavor of a real deal burger. No compromise!
- Turkey Burgers That Don't Suck
- Sausage Burgers For Minimalists
- Green Chili Turkey Burgers
- Vegan Burgers That Don't Suck
Condiments and Sauces
Chili, cheese, and other sauces.
- Chili Sauce For Chili Burgers
- Ultimate Sriracha Burger
- The Pueblo Slopper
- Melty American-style Cheese Slices
- Cheese Sauce for Burgers, Fries, and Chips
Over The Top
Burgers that take it to the extreme. Bigger, bolder, and badder than any other beef on the block.
- The In-N-Out/Telway/White Manna Animal-Style Slider Mashup
- Sous-vide Burgers
- The Pastrami Burger Bomb
- The Cheeseburger Eggslposion
- The Flood Burger
- The Hamburger Fatty Melt
- The Double Bacon Fatty Melt